Saturday, December 14, 2013

When life rushes by...

It's hard to believe I last posted on my blog over a month ago.  Sometimes life is just a little too hectic and we don't make time for the important things in life like blogging.
The last month and a half has been hectic to say the least.  There was NaNoWriMo which for the first time in 5 years I did not reach my word target.  However, it doesn't make me a failure.  I still managed to get 30 000 words done and that is an accomplishment.  Especially with all I've had going on.  Besides working on Diary of a Dancer for NaNoWriMo, I was completing the last revisions for Hush Baby.  Hush Baby is now finished and available on Amazon.com as both a paperback and on kindle.
And then of course there are end of term reports and our school's application for authorisation form which was immense.  Add in some birthday parties, a big staff Christmas do and the protests in Maidan Square, life is all go living in the Ukraine.  Oh and I forgot to mention the snow.  It arrived.
The following photos of the protests in Maidan were taken by my good friend Soizick Vossart.
And then of course Nelson Mandela died.  A great man, an icon, can't believe he has finally passed on.  But then, the only two things one is sure of in life is death and taxes.
Really can't believe that next week this time I'll be winging my way to the USA.  This will by first visit and I am excited.  My knowledge about the USA is based on watching TV shows and movies.  It will be good to see what it is really like.  Maybe there isn't a bunch of serial killers active in every city!
One week to go...then it all starts again in January.  A hectic mad rush to get everything done, work, work, work.  Maybe it's good I accidentally booked myself a flight to Venice in March...but that is another story!
Have a good one!
Cindy


No comments: