Sunday, January 14, 2018
Here's why you should thank Shithole countries in Africa, Mr Trump!
Even though America has far more financial resources available than the Shithole African countries Trump so despises, there are certain inventions and discoveries that America, with all the resources at its disposal, was not able to make. These remarkable feats have made life better for Americans and are helping to make America Great Again. Mr Trump, you should be honoured that people from Shithole Countries in Africa want to immigrate to your country.
Here are some discoveries and inventions that came from countries in Africa.
1. The world's first successful heart transplant was performed in South Africa.
2. The CAT Scan was invented and developed in South Africa.
3. Scientists in South Africa developed the technology to extract oil from coal.
4. The swimming pool vacuum cleaner was invented by a South African.
5. The special glue used to hold together the landing craft in the first moon landing was invented by a South African.
6. Those 20 ton concrete blocks used in harbours all around the world to protect harbour walls and break up wave action were invented by a South African.
7. The special spray you put on car engines to help them start easier in cold weather, and to ease squeaky door hinges was invented by a South African.
8. The Retinal Cryoprobe, a new form of cataract surgery, was developed by a South African.
9. The Smartlock Safety Syringe which prevents contamination was invented by a South African.
10. Ancient Egyptians invented and developed so many things that make our lives easier today - Mathematics, Medicine and Surgery, Architecture and Engineering.
11. Historians reckon that the first speech and language used by early man emerged in Africa.
12. Mining of minerals and metallurgy originated in Africa.
13. There is evidence to suggest that Africans sailed to South America and Asia hundreds of years before the Europeans.
14. The oldest art objects in the world were discovered in Africa. Africa isn't known as the Cradle of Humankind for nothing!
15. Coffee as a stimulant, originated in Ethiopia where it grows wild..
16. Picasso was inspired by African Art.
17. The mineral used in rechargeable batteries in mobile phones comes from the Democratic Republic of Congo.
18. Nando's flame-grilled chicken, loved the world over, originated in South Africa. There's even a branch in Washington DC, Mr Trump, should you decide to eat something other than a cheeseburger.
19. The concept of Ubunthu - a shared humanity, originated in Africa and was used by Nelson Mandela to help heal a country after apartheid.
20. Freeplay foetal heart rate monitor which is power free was invented by a South African.
21. Jazz is based on African rhythms and melodies.
22. Shea butter used in creams and lip balm was developed in Africa.
23. The first ever penis transplant was performed in South Africa.
24. A Nigerian created a device that can detect explosives and cancer cells.
25. Two Ghanaian women developed an app which is fitted on waste bins to direct the public on proper waste disposal.
26. A group of Ghanaian scientists and IT professionals developed an Artificial Intelligence Healthcare System.
27. In Kenya they are making electricity grids that provide power for a whole village.
28. A Ugandan engineer has designed a biomedical smart jacket which can diagnose pneumonia 3 times faster than a doctor.
29. A man in Cameroon invented the Cardio Pad, a handheld medical computer tablet which reads a patient's heart function and then sends the results to the heart specialist in the big city via a mobile phone connection.
30. The founder of Paypal was a South African.
I could go on and on Mr Trump. Personnel carriers that can drive over landmines, shark shields to protect scuba divers, a military attack helicopter than can make a 360 degree loop, radar system used by professional golfers and the whole concept of prepaid mobile phones - these all came out of Africa. So the next time you open your mouth to change feet, take a minute first to think about what you are saying and the implications it might have on others.
Cindy Vine is the author of Not Telling, Defective and Hush Baby. All her books are available on Amazon.com in both Kindle and Paperback format.