Sunday, April 26, 2015

No time for excuses!

It has been almost 5 months since I last updated my blog.  I could come up with at least 100 excuses why I have not written anything.  No time being one of them.  But in reality there is always time.  You make the time.  And I haven't so slap me.  Family dramas, no money, starting a new business are all energy-sapping.  They drag all drops of motivation out of you, wringing all creative energy until you are a half-built robot going through the motions of life incapable of independent thought.
That time has gone.
I wanted to sleep in today, it being a long weekend, but instead woke up with my veins transporting creative juices through my body.
I am alive.
My brain is pumping, I can hear the beat.  Boof, boof, boof.  Ideas are streaming through.
Two, no three novels I had semi-planned in my head over a year ago are knocking on that basement door wanting to be let out into the sunlight.
That recipe book which was 3/4 finished is begging to be completed.
Book marketing, what's that?
I haven't made time to market any of my books for probably 3 years.  I should be punished.  I should let that Grey fellah have his way with me.  Bring on that cat o'nine tails and the handcuffs.
This is the real me now that the zombie outer-later has been shed during the night.
Winter is coming in the southern hemisphere.  Maybe I am going through a reverse hibernation.  I hibernate in summer and am rejuvenated in winter.
I am alive.
Bring it on baby!
Cindy Vine is the author of The Case of Billy B, Not Telling, Defective, C U @ 8 and Hush Baby.  All her books are available on Amazon in both paperback and kindle format.  Cindy lives in Cape Town, the most beautiful city in the world.

4 comments:

Lynne Favreau said...

Hi Cindy! We're still waiting for spring to fully present itself here in New England. I've barely written anything since January due to the usual litany of excuses but am feeling pretty jazzed about the editing process right now. Write-on!

Olga Godim said...

Welcome back to the world of words, Cindy. We missed you.

Michele Tracy Berger said...

Welcome back, Cindy. You'll come back stronger than ever!

Aya Katz said...

Good to know you have gotten your energy back and are back on track!

I have been spending too much time on my blogs and too little on the current novel, but that's going to change!

Someday maybe we can share marketing tips.