Friday, May 18, 2012

Introducing Hillary Peak


10 Things You Don’t Know About Hillary Peak


1.      I grew up in a tiny town in New Mexico.  When I went to college and I told people our mascot was the Cavemen, it was the first time I realized we got our name from the famous national park!

2.      I started writing for my high school newspaper.  I’m still not really certain why I didn’t go into journalism.

3.      I was valedictorian of my high school class.

4.      I love college football, but I don’t particularly enjoy professional sports.

5.      My favorite classes in college were history courses.  I loved writing essays on historical topics.

6.      Once I became a lawyer, my writing style changed but improved.  One of the main reasons is that I spent two years as a law clerk in the US Court of Federal Claims.

7.      My favorite thing to do as an attorney is draft legal briefs.  I enjoy the research.  I’ve even taught courses on legal writing to law students.

8.      If I could have one talent, I would be able to paint.  However, I cannot even draw a straight line.  The only non-fiction books I read are on art forgery.

9.      I’ve published two legal articles on education and the law.  One of my favorite past times is going to cocktail making class.

Hillary Peak:

Hillary Peak is a recovering idealist. She became a lawyer to change the world and is still somewhat shocked that didn't occur. Now, her goal is to retire from practicing law and write novels that people love. She is currently a practicing attorney in the District of Columbia. She lives with her family in Alexandria, VA.


Wings of Hope synopsis

The letter said he was dying, that’s all Jules Weinstein knows when she leaves her life in San Francisco and moves to New York City to be with her father. She goes for the remarkable opportunity to really know her father. She never dreamed he had liberated a concentration camp, dealt cards to Bugsy Siegel or saved the life of a Black Panther. Wings of Hope is a road trip through the memories of a man making peace with his life. Little does she know that by getting to know her father, she will find herself. While her father struggles with whether his life was meaningful, Jules discovers that her father’s last gift to her is the ability to reach for her dreams. Her journey teacher her that “the goodbye” is sometimes the most heartbreakingly beautiful part of life.

Purchase Link:
 http://www.amazon.com/Wings-of-Hope-ebook/dp/B0058ORO0W/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1333571076&sr=8-3
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/133482

No comments: