Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Slice of Life

Every now and then you read a great little book you just want to share with the world.  Something Blue by Jean Christopher Spaugh is just that book.  It was one of those books that come up on Amazon when you buy another book.  You know, 'Customers who bought this book also bought...'  It was cheap and I thought it looked interesting, so I added it onto my Kindle.  I'm so pleased I did.
Something BlueSomething Blue by Jean Christopher Spaugh

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The imagery in Something Blue was fantastic! Reading the novel, I could see pictures in my head while I read. Many will identify with the main character, Judy Duncan, who has so many things on the boil. Trying to juggle family, a wayward husband, work, her ambitions within an ever-changing family dynamic. Judy Duncan is the classic rescuer, trying to fix everything. However, in the relationship triangle the rescuer always ends up as the victim for a period, before making their way back to being a rescuer. I felt that the author perfectly removed a slice out of a life and placed it under a microscope for us to study every detail, every emotion. This was a great read and I recommend it highly.

View all my reviews

No comments: